Seasonal homeowners should respond to the 2020 Census
The census counts people where they live and sleep most of the time. If you are a seasonal homeowner or resident, we need your help to ensure an accurate and efficient count by responding to the 2020 Census for your seasonal home at my2020census.gov. How can our population be shrinking when we have over 750 registered voters that claim Edisto Beach as their permanent residence to obtain a 4% tax status?
For any property you own but usually do not live or sleep most of the time, follow the instructions below to minimize the need for a census taker to follow up.
1. Visit the link above.
2. Enter the 12-digit Census ID or if you don't have the Census ID you can click the link below that says "If you do not have a Census ID, click here." You will then enter the address for the home.
3. Enter “0” for the number of people living at this property.
4. Hit Next, and when a “soft error” occurs, click Next again.
5. Select “No” when asked to confirm no person lives at this property.
6. Select primary reason – Seasonal (most likely).